Good song, and true in my case as well. Been really, really busy feeding and entertaining and cleaning up after my family. Haven’t had hardly any time to write on my blog like I’d hoped to. Today I just had to though. I have just created the most delicious Buffalo Cheese Sauce ever. Okay, I realize that it’s pretty much guaranteed that someone, somewhere has made this before and has probably posted it to the internet but I didn’t get it from that. I improvised it so I’m proud of it. I wanted to make this recipe Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any heavy cream so I had to improvise. I made the pasta, used rotini, and the chicken filling then whipped up my own version of the sauce.
Buffalo Cheese Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- pepper to taste
- melt butter in saucepan
- stir in flour thoroughly. It will clump and then get smooth. Let cook for a few minutes
- Stir in milk and pepper. Let cook a few more minutes
- Stir in cheese. Keep stirring until melted and blended.
- Stir in Frank’s Sauce. This one can be to taste as well. With the 1/4 cup I used it was enough to give the flavour without being painfully hot.
OMFG was it yummy. Besides the recipe for the cheese sauce and the panko breadcrumb crust on top (I prefer to toss some cheese with some bread crumbs made from my homemade bread for mac and cheese crust) I followed the linked recipe. Then, I dropped my phone into the oven trying to take a picture of the food baking. No worries, both me and my phone survived the experience and we have this to look forward to eating.